Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Carving...

DISCLAIMER: If you don't like horror movies and get nightmares easily from seeing horror pictures like Jason from Friday the 13th or Freddy Kruger, I highly suggest you do not read this post. Thanks.


Every year for Halloween, it's a tradition for us to get a pumpkin and we design it. Well this year it was my turn. I was looking through different websites and found one called www.zombiepumpkins.com. They have pretty awesome designs. Anything from the girl off of the original Exorcist to Freddy Krueger and Twilight. Ok, yes I love the books and the movies, but I am not that obsessed to carve a pumpkin into Bella or Edward. Talented but no thanks! They even had a pumpkin that was carved into the guy from The Shining. I figured Marcus would like these designs since he is a big horror movie fan.

Jason from Friday the 13th
Freddy Kreuger from Nightmare on Elm Street (original)
The Shining (drawing a blank on his name)


After I picked Marcus up from work, we stopped by a church that we always get our pumpkins from. They had a very good selection this year. We picked up our pumpkin ($8.00) and headed home. I showed Marcus the different designs and he decided to choose Jason Voorhees. This is one of his favorite horror movie characters. Now, I was supposed to be carving the pumpkin this year but after he saw the stencil, he got all excited and said "If I pick this one then I would have to carve it out."  While he was copying a stencil (he freehanded the pumpkin picture) I did the tedious task of carving out the pumpkin.


The stencil that was on the website
This one was really gutsy.

Hubby concentrating hard on carving the pumpkin.

Finished product (lights on)

Finished product (lights off)



It actually turned out great! I have been itching to do another one, but we will have to see how this payday works out. Well gotta go pick up Marcus from work so we can watch the Saints game at our friend's house. Jags are getting their arses kicked by the Steelers. (What's new)

No comments: