Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pain & Consciousness


Just a little poem I wrote to clear my mind of some things. 


Feeling indifferent,
My mind wants to be copasetic, but the pain is unbearable.
Got to stay strong and keep my head up
Fighting the storm clouds move in, darkening my world
It’s harder to see clearer, losing some hope
The pain builds up like a ton of bricks, heavier and heavier
Until that very moment where forceful winds makes it all come crashing down
The floodgates break and the turbulent waters begins to flow
Small cries for help but no one cares
There are no life vests, rescue crews, nothing
Just the washing away into a dark tunnel of loneliness
But there is a light at the end
The light that embraces us and creates happiness
Comfort and understanding, a sense of harmony
I know where I stand in this way of life
It all seems clear now, the wounds will eventually heal
Hopefully one day things will be easier
And the sun will shine a little brighter
 

                                                                Staysha J.-9.25.11

No comments: